Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Saturday, 31 December 2023: New Years Eve at Sotuta de Peon

Our 9th anniversary!  On the road by noon, as planned.  As we have been driving this season, weve seen lots of evidence of the building of the Mayan train.  The route will circle the entire Yucatan peninsula.  For now, progress is being made despite lots of pushback.  AMLO wants this to be his legacy.  We will see...I want to ride on that thing.  







For today, we headed first to Oxkintok, a Mayan ruin site just south of Mérida. Bill had recommended the site and today was the day. Each time I visit a site I am prompted to read and learn more about these ancient peoples but then I get back to the day to day and the surge subsides. Maybe this time…













We’d visited Sotuta de Peon twice before but this was out first time to spend the night.  Our room was awesome. A separate little bungalow with private dip pool.  This may be the first time I ever went skinny dipping in the daylight.   Check in time was three we got there right at 4pm but our room wasn’t ready yet.  Walk and a nap before dinner and dancing and ringing in the new year. 2023… my oh my!











No comments:

Post a Comment