Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Friday, 30 December 2022: Celestun


We went to Merida on Monday. Both Justin and I swore we would not go back until after the new year but here we are. The stores are crazy: the traffic is crazy; the times are crazy.  We should have tried harder to avoid it all. Julie came back to Casa Colibri today.  Mali did not have a good trip and as a result, Julie didn’t either.  They’d headed to Merida a few days early and Mali rescheduled her flight to get back to Milwaukee a few days before school starts again.  Mali is pretty fragile and she’s got a tough row to hoe.  She is self medicating and I don’t see a sunny forecast.  Julie is just beside herself. 

Justin needs to do his magic after Hugo is finished.  I moved the ladder to take this picture but I promised I'd move it back before dinner.  


The market ends the year down.  Southwest Airlines also ends the year down. Justin and I watched the Tom Hanks' Mr. Rogers movie. That was a nice respite. 
Justin and I go for a sunset swim almost every day.  Now that is a nice respite.  








No comments:

Post a Comment