Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Friday, 25 November 2022: Puebla to Villahermosa

 





On the road by 7:30. First stop -- fresh pina!!!

Our caravanning with Katherine has provided an underlying plot and on-going saga to this trip south. (We’d later refer to it not so affectionately as a shit-show.). We’d encouraged her to have another person in the car so she’d have someone not only to talk to but also someone with whom she could share driving responsibilities. Tom, an old boyfriend, stepped up for the journey. He has a property in Mérida he wants to sell so he had a purpose in the trip too. Don’t know about them as a couple but as traveling companions, they were quite the pair. I thought Katherine might just leave him on the side of the road after one particular temper tantrum I witnessed. Goodness. This may be only day three for Justin and me but it probably seems like day 95 for Katherine. Get me back with my own husband and my own dog…. get us to Celestún.








No comments:

Post a Comment