Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Sunday, 28 October 2018: Merida




We knew they were planning to turn off the electricity today from 6am until about 2pm.    Yes, this is Mexico.  At least we were warned.  Kari and Grelty had made provisions at the restaurant and Abraham had already prepared the food for the animals.  Justin and I decided we might as well go to Merida as we have oh, so many goods to buy to prepare for guests.  I woke up at 4am wide awake and ready to go.  I turned on the coffee and rolled my hair.  I was set for the day.  



When we left Celestun in March I left a box of clothes behind... a swimsuit, a couple of T-shirt’s, a pair of jeans, a couple of pairs of shoes and a handful of little Mexican shirts.  I haven’t found that box yet (and I am thinking it may have gone to heaven when Abram got got rid of Maria’s clothes) but if it means I need to buy more little Mexican shirts, I better get busy.



We went to Home Depot before Boston’s for lunch and to watch the game. I thought it was a noon game and as it turned out the game didn’t actually begin until 2:30.  Since Mexico went off daylight savings time last night it was another hour later. I went to Sams while Justin stayed to watch the game. I returned in time for the second half. The Packers did not come out on top so we were bummed during our final stop at Walmart. This meant Justin was driving home in the dark which is not a good idea. The last thirty miles of the road into Celestún are too narrow and it is too dangerous. We need to plan better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment