Sunday, November 4, 2018

Monday, 22 October 2018: Cotulla


Gay Family Kia called at 7:03 to follow up on my call on Saturday.  Do you need an appointment? She asked. How different this was from our dealings with Dorsch Kia in Green Bay. I told her I had an appointment at 11:00 but I’d like to come in earlier if possible.  She said 8:30 so off Justin went.  He soon learned that there were six recalls on our car.  Dorsch never said a word and our car was in there with them at least four times over the summer.  Several hours later and multiple diagnostics, our car got a clean bill of health and we were back at Harold and Charlsy’s repacking. 









 We left there just after 3:00pm which put us in Luling barely in time since City Market closes at 6pm.  Justin had ribs and sausage while I had brisket.  Gemma benefitted from leftovers.  They have a Luling BBQ in Houston that would be worth checking out but I’d like to go back to Goode Co BBQ too .. that used to be my favorite when I lived in Houston.  Justin and I had been fantasizing about the best BBQ in Texas — we were totally satisfied. 

It was my turn to drive from Luling to Cotulla.  It was dark and raining -- still.  We checked into our Baymont Suites hotel.  We had chosen this hotel because it had a pool.  As it turned out it was too late, too cold, too rainy on top of us being too tired.

Trump was in Houston today stumping for Ted Cruz. Harold and Charlsy wanted to know what we’d do if we ran up against the caravan.  Uncle Harold also said that we’d better get our car fixed now because we’d never get it fixed in Mexico. Somehow I think there are plenty of cars running in the second largest city in the world. Somebody is fixing those cars.   


Some cute sayings near our lunch stop.


Water cooler at Kia.  Do we need one of these in Celestun?


No comments:

Post a Comment