Sunday, November 4, 2018

Friday, 12 October 2018: Brussels


Clint from Bay Area Granite and Marble came out at 7:30.  I vacuumed and rolled up carpets. Gemma doesn’t like the smell of the chemicals they use on the granite.  That combined with the hub-bub of packing up the house served to make her quite nervous.  This time the plan was to leave the tint on the stone until we are ready to leave, then mist it with water and wipe it down. Then we will see in the spring.  Not a good plan, but a plan none the less.  I have spoken with the owner Adam and he has reassured me he will stand by his product when I call him in April.  Clint is the color master and he has hinted that all the stone will need to be replaced to make this right. Full replacement is way beyond Clint’s pay-grade, but... we settled up with Jason paying him for his work done this summer but we sure didn’t pay the full bill at BAGM.  

We finished stowing away the dining room table and treasures in the gazebo.  We stored the grill and heater in there along with garden chairs, etc.  We didn’t lock the door yet as there will surely be a few other items to go in there.

Chris from Door County Co-Op came out at 2:30 to replace the door on the frig.  Justin went into town to finish getting the tires replaced, front end aligned, pick up our brochures and take Jonas out for his birthday gift.  He chose a cool Chess set.  There were some cheats on how the pieces move.  I was pleased that he didn’t get LEGO’s.  Justin also stopped by Hartung to check on the shed.  He did a bit of shoring up the roof there.  We need a new shed, but we’d rather have it here so that needs to wait until another time.  Unlike the granite, this seems to have done the trick.
I stayed home and raked/leaf blew our entire yard.  I didn’t set out to do the whole thing — there just wasn’t a good stopping point.

All the outside bots stowed for winter.  Notice all the green in back of the boats?
That's where I'd already raked.























I had made Spanish rice for dinner last night and we had plenty for leftovers, but Justin wanted to watch the Brewers game so we went to Chadouirs.  I needed to see Lee to make sure she would baby sit for Finn next Monday day night when we go to the Packers  game.  So off we went.  Quite the Friday night fish fry crowd.  Lee said of course she’d watch Finn and she was worried about if he’d let her and what he’d eat... Finn will be fine.  I finished my bottle of Wayne’s wine from Wednesday evening.  It had been placed in the cooler but I persevered.






No comments:

Post a Comment