Sunday, August 21, 2016


Neyland, Pembrokeshire, Wales: 24 July 2016
Day 24


Justin still feels like crap and he is sleeping a lot.  We watched a lot of tv the last couple of days and I am close to finishing my book -- How to be an American Housewife.  The book is written from the perspective of a newly married Japanese girl making sense of it all in San Diego with her GI husband right after Nagasaki.  Apparently there really was a "how to" guide for Japanese women... my goodness. 
We had a slow, fabulous day.  I think I'll need to have a few more days just like this before I get bored.  When Mimi and I were catching up, she told me about a website she had investigated when flex jobs were posted.  I spent some time browsing and thinking what I might like to do.  I feel compelled to do something, but what?  Teach on line?  College?  Secondary?  Teacher prep?  I could be a reader for tests too.  On the other hand, do I want to do anything at all?  I need to keep my options open and I need to breathe.
I
spent time catching up on paperwork; paid bills and continued my war with USPS.  I am enjoying working on our blog but I am still challenged with photos.  I want to be able to catalogue our travels before I forget where we've been.
As expected, many of our days in South Wales have been cool, overcast and drizzly ... The occasional sunshine has been a bonus.
More often Justin and I are talking about what to do this winter.  Cuba?  Belize?  Mexico?  How many United miles do I have and how far can we go with those? What about our beloved mini poodle, Gemma?

No comments:

Post a Comment