Sunday, August 21, 2016

Neyland, Pembrokeshire, Wales: 19 July 2016
Day 19

Headed to Dale to go for a sail but the wind had picked up and they weren't letting any boats go out.  That was probably ok with Justin as he had already voiced some apprehension knowing that he couldn't depend on Mimi and me for any assistance in the crew department.


We headed toward the long beach we visited yesterday (Pebble Beach), but when I saw the sign for Marloes Beach, I suggested we head there instead.  We had heard about this beach from another local earlier...another award winning beach.  It was perfect and perhaps my favorite Welsh beach to date.  We had to park and then walk down to the shore.  The rocks jutted out making multiple coves that allowed for privacy and seclusion rather than a long, long uninterrupted beach.  We played on the shore a bit then Gemma and Justin went to swim.  Or rather, Justin took Gemma out.  She was miserable.  She is not a water-hound.  When they came back we all  started walking down the beach.  At some point I told Justin I was turning around because the tide was coming in.  He and Gemma kept going out and of course, I started to fret.  All back together we headed back up the hill to get back to the car.  A quick stop at the house before dinner so Justin could get his meds before dinner at the Horse and Jockey.  I had a lamb shank that was to die for; Mimi had a steak and Justin had sea bass.  Mimi and I had chips and not surprisingly, we all had peas.  Everything they say about food in Britain is true.
Today was a fabulous day.  Very
warm with great sunshine.  It was a perfect day for the beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment