Thursday, February 16, 2017

Wednesday, 8 February 2017: Celestun

Time to get back in the car to head north to Celestun.  We had breakfast at one of the restaurants on the beach we had seen the first day we pulled into Campeche.  
The roads to Celestun are perhaps the best we've seen in all of Mexico. 
Once in Celestun, our task was to find a hotel.  And did we find it!  We are on the third floor; the sand is ten feet from the bottom of the stairs and and the water is about 50 yards from that.  We did have to decide if we wanted internet or tv as we couldn't have both.  We chose internet.  As we were checking in, we met Dave and Sherry from Wausau.  Can you stand it!  Dave was trying to tell me about the boat ride to see the flamingoes but I kept hearing "bull ride".  Finally I said "maybe I don't know what a bull ride is."  I doubt I'll live that one down for a while.  


We got settled in by getting most of our stuff upstairs before we headed to the beach for a quick swim and later dinner (fabulous shrimp and crab) where we could be one with the sunset.  We are finally here!

No comments:

Post a Comment