Thursday, February 16, 2017

Tuesday, 14 February 2017: Celestun

Valentine's Day
Justin went for a swim this morning while I nursed my coffee.  Later, Justin looked online at more property on the northern shore of the Yucatán near Progresso.
Found a tempting duplex ... called to see about renting for next week.  It wasn't available for rent so I started looking for hotels or AirBnB spots in Progreso.

We met a guy named Tim from north so San Fransisco who was staying in our hotel. After we all talked about travel in and around Mexico, he and Justin talked about boats, birds and who knows what else while I walked "downtown" to buy more watermelon and water.  Yesterday I bought a bunch of bananas, strawberries and a wedge of watermelon all for 40 pesos or about $2.00.  Since the watermelon was so good, we wanted more.  I must have lost my sunglasses yesterday so I planned to pick up a new pair at the local Mercado but I didn't find any success in that department.  

Later, we walked down the beach to Poseidon for coconut shrimp for our Valentine's dinner. On our way back, we stopped for a sunset beverage at our favorite restaurant and met some kids on the beach from the Netherlands, Germany and Mexico.  Since they were not in a position to begin their return drive to Merida, I felt we were doing the responsible thing by delaying their travel for the hour or so that we talked.

No comments:

Post a Comment