Friday, December 6, 2019

Sunday, 24 November 2019: Merida and Casa Colibri



The house was in full swing rather early this morning.  Lolita was here to paint and Jonathan and Ivan were back to continue their work installing the solar water heaters. 

Justin and I were off the Merida first to pick up dishes, then to meet Seema and Kanwarpol at the airport to hand off keys , then to run more errands , then to Boston’s for the game. The 8-2 Packers face the 9-1 49ers.  The game, which they say is likely to be the game of the season, was originally scheduled for 3:45 but they moved it to 7:20pm.  I really thought I should have sent Justin on his way and stayed here to welcome Mimi, her sister and friend, but I also wanted to go to the game.  Tough decisions for a girl from Texas.  


Planned to leave by 9:00 got out about 1:00 -- our plan was OBE -- overcome by events.  In this case, “events” meant screens, caulking and finishing touches.


Our revised plan called for us to meet Mimi, sister Seema and friend Kanwarpol at the bus terminal to hand off keys, etc.  We had arranged for Hector to drive them from Merida to our house where Jonathan would greet them.







Next stop was Liverpool to pick up the dishes.  The poor kid just started stuffing the quickly wrapped packages into large bags before I said "stop, I need to count."  This was a fortunate move since I counted only 8 plates and 15 bowls. I didn’t check for quality control though.  That will come when unwrapping.  











We made our Home Depot run and the Sam's run.  I dropped Justin off at Boston’s while I went to finish up groceries then I joined him.  The Packers had a devastating loss which meant for an extremely long drive home.







No comments:

Post a Comment