Monday, April 22, 2019

Monday, 25 March 2019: Casa Colibri




I made biscuits and scrambled eggs for breakfast after Pilates.  I hadn’t done that in a while; I think Justin enjoyed them.  We went to Playa Maya yesterday to meet with Becky to look at a unit that is for sale.  Justin and I had looked at the Canadian resort when we were first looking at property here in Celestún.  We went back today to look at another unit.  We aren’t that interested in buying now but we also are not NOT interested.  Our main purpose right now though is to look at the cabinets made by two local cabinet makers, Fabian and David.  I met Becky through Pilates.  She is a pharmacist in Colorado and she is a sweetheart.  Her birthday is 18 August; I am three days older than she is.

Ivan, Jonathan and Ricardo were here to continue working on getting the electricity ready for granite installation.  Yes, more loud pounding.

I spent way too much time today trying to order a new car key.  I called Roxana, our girl at Kia, before Pilates.  So if that was 9:15 am.  At 6pm I was talking to her for at least the fifth time.  I understand that she needs me to pay for the key before she orders it but I don’t accept that she will not take my credit card over the phone.  I can’t transfer money (I am not willing to pay the international transfer fee for this purpose).  I pay with a credit card every time I walk in her door.  Aargh.

Bought shrimp and planned to make shrimp and grits for dinner but Jake and Leslie came over and by the time they were gone I’d lost interest.  Jake and Leslie are Canadians who own the property across the street on the beach.  We’ve gotten to know them through all the rock arranging and rearranging blocking access to the beach but more so because we are interested in buying that property.  I don’t want the hoopla that will undoubtedly come with the purchase of the property but having our own ensured beach access and being able to build a palapa to hold a few beach chairs and related toys would really be nice.



 Our beach and the sunsets are simply amazing -- each and every day!








No comments:

Post a Comment