Thursday, November 16, 2017

Saturday, 26 August 2017: North East Wisconsin

As we become part of the local community, I find that I have the opportunity for new and exciting experiences.  Today was the annual Antique Tractor pull in Brussels.  I don't know what I thought it would be, but there we were.  It started to rain and I spent the last few rounds waiting in the car with Gemma but Justin stayed through to the last bitter pull. 



Later, we headed into Green Bay for "Art Street" -- an annual juried art show with vendors from all over.  The streets are blocked off downtown and in addition to folks from throughout the mid-west, there was even a jewelry vendor from Dripping Springs, Texas.  We met up with Sean and later with Jeff to listen to some music and have a bite to eat.  Our major purchase was a metal pig for the yard.  We will name her "Ruby."

Dinner at ChefFusion was quick so we could catch the last half of the game at Southern Cuisine restaurant.  We will need to come back here later to see if it is really authentic southern fare.  They promise jambalaya, fried okra, black eyed peas, smothered pork chops and even cornbread.



Meanwhile Hurricane Harvey is pounding the gulf coast...

Justin is working on his Spanish lessons and I need to start... instead, I am working on our blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment