Monday, December 6, 2021

Thursday, 21 October 2021: Celestun

 I was up at 2:30 this morning. Yes, we’d gone to bed early but a girl needs a little more sleep than that.  I tried to stay still and quiet and about 7am I finally had to get up.  I started trying to make sense of the kitchen and felt overwhelmed.  Then I got the ladder and got all the storm shutters open.  By this time Justin was up too.  

We’d been to the grocery store enough to buy a few things so we were set for avocado toast when Katherine came over for brunch.  I been waiting for months for these delicious fresh foods!  Katherine was here all summer.  She will not get vaccinated so she is looking to get her veterinarian certification in Florida and not go back to Canada.  Wow!  That’s a huge decision.  

After a bit more putzing around the house Justin and I jumped in the car to go to Los Pompanos where we met Roger and Chris Mirka for a late lunch.  What a lovely outing!  Our favorite waiter, Edgar, was on hand to welcome us.  Justin and I enjoyed some of our favorites -- ceviche and crab stuffed avocado.  Roger and Chris are selling their unit at Playa Maya... too many other places to go.  I know that feeling.  It poured down raining while we were there.  We’d left Gemma at home so we knew she was frantic with the thunder and lightning.  That’s ok, we spent some quality time with her during the evening as we wound down from the day.  



Gemma is running with the big dogs now.  She got wrapped up in something sticky and decorated herself for Katherine's visit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment