Sunday, March 10, 2019

Saturday, 2 February 2019: Casa Colibri





It was an early start at Casa Colibri today.  Ishmael came to get Steve about 6:45am. They set out for a day of fishing. 

Nancy came at 7:00 to clean ... and thus the day begins. Me?  I just want to nurse my coffee.


Peter’s birthday was last week and since her brother is also in town, Sandra had the party today. She kept saying it would be a small group but there were at least thirty people there.  Dellene and Steve were troupers.  They knew they wouldn't know anyone but they were game.  Fortunately Steve was able to talk to Tom about Mayan ruins so that was an added plus.  We first met Meche and Tom at New Year's and they've turned into rather close friends.  Meche knows everyone and I get to see her regularly at Pilates.  Tom and Justin like to talk politics on a macro scale but they really like to talk about the Mayans, their culture and their ruins.  Dinner was rather a non-event.  I was told they were planning to serve chuletas (pork chops) and sour kraut.  Knowing that Peter is such a good cook, I was ok with that plan.  Had I known the menu had changed I might have asked for more when we were offered a plate of nachos to share.  Kris Misuda made her cheesecake...she is pretty proud of that cheesecake too.  All in all, it was a lovely evening and I was glad to be able to show off Dellene and Steve.









No comments:

Post a Comment