Sunday, March 17, 2019

Monday, 18 February 2019: Casa Colibri


Presidents Day weekend.  I still get excited when I think about it being a three-day weekend.  And, I really get excited when I think about it almost every weekend!!!

We need to leave in 6-8 weeks since we need to be home mid to late April.  I donlt want to think about it yet.  

When I opened the gate for Pilates this morning, I noticed that the rocks were moved.  The entire barrier closest to the road had been moved.  I texted Jake.

Sandra and Peter went to Havana for four days.  She brought Steve Cuban cigars and he was thrilled.  He was happy to pay $300 for 50 cigars.  

Justin took the dogs to the beach during Pilates and I joined him for a swim after class.
Jake came over and we chatted with him about life and his properties. Primarily the two pieces of property he owns are on the beach right in front of us.  He said he’d settle for about $8,000.  I’d love to build a palapa out there and a small masonry building to hold a sun fish or three, some beach chairs, a cooler, etc.  so while I was dreaming of that, Justin penned an email to Bill Dean to see about putting both Hartung and Bay Shore on the market.  We will see what sells.  Meanwhile we started talking with Rich and Erica to see if they were still interested in buying Hartung.  They’ve been renting for three years and she has a new job with the post office.  We will see.

Tim stopped by later in the afternoon with Francisco, crab and beer.  They were cooked  (seasoned with salt, pepper and lime) and cracked.  We set to picking and they were oh, so yummy!  Tim was pretty sloshed by the time he left.  Francisco owns one of the taco arrachera restaurants in town.  Tim invited us to join he and Janet there at 8pm for dinner.  We figured we’d pass for at least six or eight reasons.




No comments:

Post a Comment