Saturday, March 10, 2018

Wednesday, 28 February 2018: Celestun

Monday Ric was feeling puny and he stayed close to his hotel.  Tuesday I was feeling under the weather.  That was when we learned that a mild epidemic was working its way through Celestun.  Hitting locals and tourists alike, one certainly didn't want to venture too far from clean and comfortable facilities.  Ric did feel up to a flamingo trip on Tuesday so he got the check mark in the box.

By Wednesday, Justin and I were ready to pack in earnest.  I made one more batch of banana bread.  That will be good on the road right?  

Carol told us about another house for sale farther down the beach so today we went to look at Gerry's house. I've been trying not to get excited. Couldn't sleep the other night and I chastised myself for jumping back onto that roller coaster so readily. It is too expensive and needs too much work. I want to chase boats in the Bahamas for a while. Gerry was an interesting guy and we had a great chat. Somewhere in that conversation he revealed that Alanso's wife died last week of breast cancer. They have two young children, 10 and 13; she was only 41. Tragic and most unfortunate. 




Eric and Holly booked their flights so it looks as if we will be able to connect with them in Florida for Easter. 





Our fist farewell to Celestun dinner was tonight at Xixim; I wanted cochinita pibil one more time.  Can I learn to make this in Wisconsin?  Carol and Ric joined us. Half way through dinner carol dropped a bombshell; she said she'd heard that Steve O'Malley died!!! What!!!???  I am not sure I believe it. We wrote to Steve three or four days ago since he promised he'd pay us for the items we had purchased at Casa Maria. We hadn't heard from him and I was quite happy thinking he was a jerk and that his handshake meant nothing. Now, do I really need to reframe this to accept his death? Nope, not yet. I don't believe it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment