Thursday, March 15, 2018

Tuesday, 13 March 2018: Villahermosa

We snuck Gemma into the hotel Fairfield Suites and Inn last night. I had forgotten they charged 400 pesos for being "pet friendly." I'm not going to pay $20 for her to sleep.

There was quite a nice selection at breakfast this morning. A few Mexican dishes as well as fruit, yogurt, waffles and thankfully, plenty of coffee. They even had green tea for Justin. He's become quite the affectionado. 

I was ready to leave Villahermosa. We'd stayed at this hotel before and it is a good location since it is about 8 hours out of Celestun. Unfortunately we haven't found anything charming about the city. 

I'd been thinking about buying pineapple on the side of the road. We stopped early in the afternoon for this delicious snack. When I asked the lady, in my very best Spanish, if the pineapple was sweet , she offered me a sample. So after paying about $1.30 I got back in the car with a bit over a quart of ripe, delicious, juicy, sweet pina. 



After we checked into Villas Magnolias Hotel in Puebla we were ready for a walk. We ducked in and out of a ritzy neighborhood avoiding the major thoroughfare and ended up at a little pizza place. The food was mediocre but the wine list was impressive. I noticed that the wine I wanted was about $8.00.  A glass?  When I looked closer, I realized it was for the entire bottle.  We shared a bottle of Montepulciano d' Abruzzo and bought two more home! I don't think I've ever bought three bottles of wine in a restaurant along with dinner for two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment