Saturday, March 10, 2018

Saturday, 3 March 2018: Merida and Celestun


Justin brought me coffee in bed this morning! What a treat!!! 

Later, Justin, Gemma and I had a walk about around the Grand Plaza; I had a nice big latte. Back in the Hotel Reforma there was an email from Bijon. "We have a second chance," he says. Justin and I are floored. We are experiencing a flood of conflicting emotions. I feel numb. Angered. Excited.  

Justin and I made a beeline for La Chaya Maya for breakfast. We weren't sure about much right at that moment, but we knew where we wanted to go for breakfast. After a delicious meal a bit of shopping called. I bought yet another white Mexican blouse and Justin bought two blue guayaberas-- the traditional men's shirts with vertical pleats (often called Mexican wedding shirts). He's been eyeing them for a few months. I am so glad he finally took time to make the purchases. 

After a quick drive back to Celestun we stopped by Ishmael's to buy a king bed frame and then by Aholi's to set up massages for Monday. In getting our lives back in order, we soon found ourselves sharing cheers with Peter as we shared our good news. Some of the shock was beginning to wear off when we talking to Carol. "We've been at this exact point before," I told her. We thought we had an agreed price and a plan to purchase. We thought we were in. Maybe this time it is for real!
I encouraged Justin to write to Bijon with "clear confirmation" underscored. We were not able to connect with Alanso today to that must wait for Monday. 


Want a Bud Light to go with your dinner?


A quick plunge in the gulf, a nice warm shower and I was ready for a glass of wine before dinner at El Chivarico. Back home at Casa Maria, Justin had a nice long chat with Abraham about our plans to purchase and our desire to keep him on staff. Abraham seemed to be pleased and the conversation shifted to plants and plans for the gardens. A bit of normalcy rounded out the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment