Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Neyland, Pembrokeshire, Wales: 15 July 2016
Day 15


When I awoke this morning Justin greeted me with "it's Friday!"  While that is how I have started most Friday's for the last two years, today was totally different.  Mainly because I didn't already know the day but more importantly, because I didn't need to know the day. 
Justin's fighting a cold so it was a very slow day.  The weather is rather cold and nasty so it was fine and ok to hang.  I did manage to go down to the laundromat to do our laundry.  How long has it been since I have done that?  (Uncle Harold needs to know that one regular top-loading washer costs £3 and the dryer costs 20p for 3 minutes, 45 seconds.)  I had to go to the grocery store twice and to the pharmacy once to get the correct change... I will be better prepared next time.
We went to the Neyland Yacht Center next door for dinner.  We were the only people in the dining room.  I felt like the kids were from a culinary arts class and they were practicing their newly learned serving skills.  I must add however that I've never had a view like this from a classroom or from an O'Club.

With our Apple TV connected, we are settling in to the next season of Suits.  It is so nice not to have to be worried about too much at all.  Justin and I are contemplating setting up the Green Bay house.  I have been uncertain about not having a base and I certainly have angst about spending any significant amount of time with Jordan and Chris when we are in Green Bay.  I don't want to impose.  We are also talking about the possibility of asking Jordan and Chris to build a pole-barn at the cottage and store all our Green Bay treasures there rather than in a storage unit.  We learned that the containers are roughly 7'x7'x3.5'.  We have four containers going to Green Bay and seven headed to Texas.  Of course, we also have the treasures that have been in storage in Texas since forever.  Too many decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment