Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Neyland, Pembrokeshire, Wales: 13 July 2016
Day 13


The most pressing thing I needed to do today was to walk Gemma and to connect the Apple TV.  Justin and I will be here for 16 nights so we have a chance to get settled and breathe.  We really haven't had any down time since Jim left in April.
We went for a walk and explored in our new environs.  We had fish and chips for a very late lunch or very early dinner... it is nice not to be confined to the clock!  For so long, if a bell rang, I either started doing something or stopped doing it.  Then, when I left the classroom, the work never stopped because one school year just flowed into the next.  When we arrived in Neyland, for the first time since 30 June, I thought about my work email.  It kinda jumped up and caught me by surprise.  I thought about how nice it had been to be away, but now I needed to get back to my email.  I think it is because I've been looking forward to being settled here for a few weeks and perhaps I was thinking that vacation was over.  Who knows, but thankfully, it passed pretty quickly.  Maybe now I really do get a chance to learn to breathe.  And this is the perfect place to do it.  Lots of places to walk -- The Welsh Coastal path is over 140 miles of hiking trails and out view from our flat overlooks the harbor and estuary.  Justin can't wait to go check out the boats!


No comments:

Post a Comment