Saturday, July 23, 2016


London, England: 5 July 2016
Day 5
First chore for the morning was to sort out paying for parking for our car.  I wasn't fast enough as the guy had just finished writing our p
arking ticket when I went outside.  Probably a pretty good trade since now I didn't have to worry about setting up the account on line or about renewing the payment every two hours during the day.  £40 for parking for all day is probably a steal.
Lunch in Cheapside before we popped in to St Paul's on our way to The London Museum.  This is one of my favorite museums because it is focused only on London and it  is very experiential.  It has changed significantly since I was there maybe thirty years ago, but still a fav.  After their planned revamping and expanding they will open in Smithfield in about five years.  Justin thinks we should come back then.  Do I even need to think about that at all?  NO. We spent about four hours on the two floors of the museum.  Thankfully Justin likes to read every sign in every exhibit.  It was probably a good thing nothing else was planned for the day.  We talked about going to another play, but decided instead to enjoy the moment that than chasing something else.
I bought a pair of London Tube socks as a souvenir.  Of all the crap I brought with me, I only have one pair of black socks.  Great planning, Paula...


Of all the things I had expected to change since I was in London when I was still in college, I didn't expect the London cabs to change.  Instead of all black, they are not only many colors now, but they also sport advertisements.  A candy crush London cab just doesn't seem right.

 Fish and chips for dinner at the Lord Raglan Pub.  The pub is named after Lord Raglan who lost an arm at the battle of Waterloo.  It is he for whom the raglan sleeve was named.  Well, what do you know?
Justin and Stuart took George and Gemma for a nice long walk this evening while I booked our hotel in Edinburgh and our tickets for the Royal Yacht Britannia.  But first, Hadrian's Wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment