Thursday, September 7, 2023

Tuesday, 27 June 2023: Yavapai lodge.

 

With promises to meet with Christina and Brian soon in either Chicago or Green Bay, we were ready to continue our journey. 

At Valvoline by 7am for an. oil change. Now, this proves it, we know how to have fun. 

$4.67/gallon. 17.02 gallons. $79.67

Mileage 159,276

$3.99/gallon. 21.51 gallons. $86.85

Mileage 159,593

15.15 mpg

At the west rim of the Grand Canyon!  Yes, the Skywalk was great. Next time I’d consider buying the ticket for admission and then having lunch beside the window. When you go on the skywalk you can’t take you own camera. For the same price, I’d rather have my own pics. 

At the guano stop I could see where people fall. The sign warned of “extreme danger”. I heard one lady say “I don’t need extreme danger; minimal danger is fine with me.”

The kayaks/ boats in the Colorado river look exciting and I’d even consider the mules going down into the canyon but even though the helicopters look inviting — no thanks. 

We spent the night at Yavapai Lodge right in the park. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment