Thursday, September 7, 2023

Sunday, 25 June 2023: Tahiti Village

 We slept late.  We drank a second cup of coffee. Yes, I needed to go downstairs to buy more milk but it was a perfect complement to the last few days of quite early mornings. 

Much later, in the early afternoon we met Brian and Christina along with Joe Yamada and his wife Danielle in the lobby.  The stories began. Not only stories from back in the day, but also stories to catch up on where everyone is now, their kids, their experiences. Yes, this is why we came. I love that Brian refers to some of his peers as “terrorists” back in the day. I think I’ll hold on to that label. 

Jarom Matsuda joined us and we all made a plan to meet later for dinner.   Several others  I did not know stopped by in the course of a couple of hours. Justin was pleased to learn that he was not the only one who didn’t know everyone. 

Justin and I took a couple of trips around the Lazy River and he tried a few laps in the very crowded pool before we joined the crew for dinner at Texas de Brazil.  We had thought about the luau at the hotel but since it was sold out, Brian looked elsewhere.  Justin and I are always up for Brazilian BBQ.

Brian and Christina, Joe and Daniele, Jarom, Shelby and their daughter Charlise, Jimmy Switzer, Justin and me.  Of course we ate too much and the stories were abundant.  




Jimmy, Brian, Joe and Jarom
The Negishi Crew
To me, they'll always be 18 years old





No comments:

Post a Comment