Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Sunday, 9 April 2023: Hartung

 Happy Easter!  Happy Springtime!

Sunny and 30’; feels like 19’.   Good news: no snow





Justin headed out early to go to Jordan’s.  He hadn’t seen the kids yet and Eric was there with his crew too.  Me?  I started cooking.  Romanian Easter bread was first on the list.  Later, we dug into it so quickly I didn’t think to take a picture — thankfully, there were two loaves.  

















I also made deviled eggs that are supposed to look like chicks.  It’s probably a good thing there are no children here as I’m sure they’d be frightened.  














Our main course isn’t typical Easter fare at all; I made Lidia Bastianich’s Polenta Torta with Gorgonzola and Savoy Cabbage.  Yummy!!!  We are set for a few days.















Late in the afternoon we made our way to Baird creek for a bit of a hike.  It was quite short but not short enough I’d say.  I didn’t bargain for the snow and ice.  There was just a bit, but that was too much for me.  I also didn’t bargain for the dark… we just got started too late.  Thankfully, dinner was ready when we returned home. 















New Supreme Court member has vowed to change the state’s abortion ban. I’ll stand by my claim that I lived in a Golden Age. 














No comments:

Post a Comment