Friday, October 4, 2019

Wednesday, 11 September 2019: Brussels


18 years ago. I had just moved to Okinawa.  I was in my new house but I didn’t yet have my house-hold goods (meaning, I did not have a tv).  My mother called to tell me what had happened, or actually what she knew at the time.  Minutes later, Ruth Hatcher, my new boss, called to tell me we were in ThreatCon Delta and that we were essentially confined to our quarters.  At the exact same time we were in Typhoon Condition One Emergency (imminent danger and you are confined to quarters) while a Typhoon Nari circled over our island for three days. Our world had changed.

It rained again today.  I am stinking sick of rain.  Justin and I worked on cleaning out the garage.  Now that was fun.  I took a break and made a few hotel reservations in getting ready for our honeymoon.  

Justin has a hand-made pottery pot; he knows the artist, Tom Krieger quite well.  He's had it for a while and it had been missing since we got home from Germany.  We never found it moving out of the storage unit.  He said some snarly things about quite a few people in wondering what could have happened to it, and today he found it, repacked and safe.  Thankfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment