Monday, January 9, 2017

Wednesday, 4 January 2017: Harlingen, Texas

Reading through advice for travelling in Mexico for the tenth time, I saw a bit of new information indicating there was a requirement for permission from the bank that holds the lien on our car.  I called Capital Credit Union and they indicated that the note of permission needed to be an original.  We made arrangements for the documents to be sent by Fed Ex to our hotel in Laredo.

It was an interesting drive along the border from Harlingen to Laredo.  The landscape is flat and barren.  Justin saw blimp-like balloons and surmised that they were being used to patrol the borders.  A quick google search confirmed that these were indeed used by the Border Patrol.

Cousin Mike arrived in Laredo before we did; he had had a very early start leaving Dallas.  We headed out together for dinner at a local stop before I headed back home for my 9:00pm appointment with the tech rep from Apple.  There were still a few glitches with texting and I wanted to get this resolved.  Almost two hours later, we were half-way there with a factory re-set... I think.  I have reloaded several apps but I have no photos and no contacts, but maybe they will come in with the next update.  Please!


No comments:

Post a Comment