Thursday, January 26, 2017

Wednesday, 18 January 2017: San Miguel de Allende


Justin and I headed for the Mexican Immigration Office while Mike headed to the botanical gardens for a bird watchers tour.  We left the house just after 8:00am since that is what time the compound where our car is opens.  Well, we learned a bit about how the locals honor timeliness when attendant arrived about 9:00am.  Fortunately, they did give us a key, a show of courtesy, so we will not be detained again.  So, with our enthusiasm waning, we stopped for breakfast at the cute little spot where we picked up granola before.  The restaurant is run by a younger group and they have a more trendy menu.  I had an omelet with sweet potatoes and asiagi while Justin had a masterful croque monsuier.  Now, bolstered for the day, we got a cab to go to see about our fate.

We are "irregular"  and our car is also "irregular."  The gentleman we spoke with was quite certain that nothing could be done here or in Guadalajara and that we needed to return to the border.  Knowing that I couldn't stand to be rogue for the next two months, Justin and I prepared to head north.  As I was getting out of the cab when we got home I fell AGAIN.  The same knee and the same hand.  This time, my hand is much more sore.  I am just a scraped up mess.



We went local for dinner this evening by heading to the Mercado.  Justin and I split a Tacos Durado (golden tacos) platter and we split a Rojo y Verde Enchilada platter.  Four tacos, four enchiladas, beans, rice, salad, picot de gallo and an assortment of salsas, two bottles of water, a beer and 150 pesos later, we headed home.  Yes, that's right about $7.50.


No comments:

Post a Comment