Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Saturday, 14 January 2017: San Miguel de Allende

Justin and I had pedicure appointments at noon.  We went to a Fish Spa where they have fish that eat the dead skin off your feet.  I am glad I read about these after I'd had it done!   They've been banned in several states because of sanitation, but if the whole deal originated in Asia and the carp are happy, then my feet can be happy too. 

Justin and I headed for the Organic Market.  Held once each month, this promised to be a bit different from what we'd seen previously.  Unfortunately, our directions were not too clear, or perhaps, our understanding of our directions was the problem.  Anyway, we grabbed a cab at 3:40pm to take me back to town for my 4:00pm manicure appointment.  Justin hopped out of the cab earlier and explored more on his own. 

After a bit more pampering with my manicure, I roamed through the market leisurely and bought more fresas (strawberries) and a fabulous treat called "Campechanas".  These are great flaky pastries made from puff pastry dough.  They are not too sweet and they go great with coffee.  I looked up the recipe and yes, I think I can do this! 

The playoff games continued Saturday afternoon and evening and rather than tear away from American football in English, we snacked for dinner.  I had picked up some nuts and snackers at the market on my way home.  Justin really likes cottage cheese and doritos.  I looked high and low for Doritos with no success.  I did find the motherload of fresh potato chils however.  The bag was huge!  I can't even guess at the weight, but the dimensions of the bag were at least 1'x2'x2'.  When I asked the shopkeeper to spilt the bag for me, she obliged and I still felt like I was bring home enough chips for three families.  The Texans didn't fare too well today, and we will see what tomorrow holds for the Packers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment