Thursday, January 26, 2017

Saturday, 21 January 2017: San Miguel de Allende

 
Today SAM celebrated Allende's birthday.  We awoke to bands and a flurry of activity all over the town.  Justin and I postponed joining in the festivities until after we caught up on inauguration news.  We stayed in bed late and listened to the speeches and read a bit of the pundits reactions.  With enough of that to sadden us both, we headed into town.  The equivalent of the Blue Angels flew overhead as we headed downtown.  We were able to see a bit of a drum competition that was reminiscent of Drum Line.  We took time to sit in the square and just people watch.  It was a gloriously sunny afternoon and all was right in the world -- especially since we are no longer "irregular."  The celebration ended with fireworks later in the evening and that always hits a chord that brings a smile for Justin and me.



With Mike, we headed back to Los Milagros for dinner.  We had fabulous "traditional enchiladas" and with this order of enchilladas with mole, I am convinced that mole isn't for me.  The great news is that I was able to order the drink I had here last time but this time, I learned the name -- clericot.  Similar to sangria, the beverage has red wine, chopped fruit and vodka or tequila.  Oh, yes, this is my drink!  (A quick Google search has convinced me this beverage will be in my future.)

After dinner Mike headed home and Justin and I went to search for music.  We found three local guys at one of our brunch buffet restaurants and popped in for a set.  Justin is sticking to Negro Modelos often and I was able to order my "claricot" -- different, but yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment