Saturday, March 7, 2020

Sunday, 9 February 2020: Casa Colibri



Brenda and Rick left yesterday. They didn’t have too far to go since they were only going to Celeste Vida for their the next leg of their vacation.  We hope to see them in town or on the beach before they depart.  




Justin and I worked together to get the rooms ready for Tom Parrins and his family.  I do not want to panic on Monday.  This will be Tom’s third visit.  I’m eager to see our house through his eyes.  He was here at the very beginning — right when we were dealing with Bijan and with Steve O’Malley...goodness that seems like years and years ago.  Tom’s wife Yadira and his brother, mike and sister-in-law, Judy will be here too.








Huevos Montado was on the menu for this morning.  I’d say I’ve mastered this dish... or at least my version of it.  Robin and Evan seemed to like it as did Justin and I.  “Mounted Eggs” are really enchiladas that are stacked rather than rolled layered with sautéed onions and cheese and topped with a fried egg.  The key is the homemade enchilada sauce.  This recipe is a keeper.  










Lolita was here before I was even up.  The dogs didn’t bark at all.  I have mixed feelings about that.  Isn’t that one reason we have all these dang dogs?  Shouldn’t they at least earn some of their keep by acting as doorbells?  Anyway, Lolita is almost finished with the sealant on the roof.  The turquoise we’ve selected for the exterior is next.  



Justin trimmed Gemma while I worked on books.  I made some chicken enchiladas for the workers for their lunch.  Justin and Evan and I went for a late afternoon swim before Justin and I went to El Palmar for dinner.  We’ve decided that El Palmar has the best margarita in town.  They don’t mind adding alcohol to the glass, and for $45 MXP, I think I’ll have another.  









While dining al fresco at El Palmar you can often see young dancers honing their craft.  It is almost like dinner and a show!






No comments:

Post a Comment