Saturday, October 27, 2018

Wednesday, 10 October 2018: Brussels




Jimmy and Penny mixing drinks
Shaun came by for one last visit for the season.  After a bit we decided to go to Chaudoir's Dock for dinner.  We told him we should go early before Jimmy got sloshed.  As it turned out, we were too late.  The lights were off when we pulled up but there were quite a few cars.  We went in and while no one was at the tables, the bar was full.  Jimmy slurred his way through a hello and I asked if he was open for dinner.  He said yes but we could only have a prime rib sandwich.  Thankfully, I like his prime rib sandwich and we ordered three.  It took Justin and Shaun way too long to get there beer since one of the patrons was trying to help.  Another patron, Wayne, asked me what I wanted to drink and I said "some of that rot-gut wine in the box down there."  He told me to wait, he had something just for me.  He headed to his truck... yes really.  He came back with some of his own brew and it was great!  Meanwhile, Penny, the postmaster went behind the grill to prepare our sandwiches and soon came out with wings for Shaun, sandwiches for Justin and me along with fries and chicken fries.  She also delivered, to our table, with her fingers, some fried chicken legs.  Yes, her fingers.  Did I mention that this is a very casual place?  Jimmy sloshed through the evening.  It may take a village to raise a child, and it takes all of us to take care of Jimmy.









Wayne's pride shiraz




No comments:

Post a Comment