Thursday, October 4, 2018

Friday, 21 September 2018: Brussels



Bijan received  the papers from Alonso yesterday.  He has assured us they will be returned on Monday.  My oh my!

Erich wanted to go surfing and that means we got the boys!  Brody and Finn came to spend the night so Justin and I went into Captain Grandpa and Grandma Paula  mode.  
We started our day with breakfast at April’s   It was rainy and nasty all day (hence good surfing waves) so there weren’t too many outdoor distractions.  We played with dinosaurs and Paw Patrol and we watched a bit of tv — Wild Kratts, live and animated combo that addresses curious animals around the globe.  It was new to me.












Brody getting ready for freshly baked chocolate chip cookies

Midway through the afternoon Justin got a phone call from Chaudoir’s Dock telling us they were worried about our boat.  Justin went down to check and it was just in time!  The waves had been pounding up over the breakwall all day.  The batteries were submerged but Justin started pumping right away.  A few of our newest best friends helped Justin reposition the boat from our slip to a transient slip that was more protected.  Brody and Finn and I went down there a bit later but there was precious little we could do to help so we went into the restaurant to wait ... and to have cheese curds.






















Oh, and in the middle of all this, our frig died!  We haven’t even had it two years!  No, I didn’t get an extended warranty.  I knew I needed to start using up stuff from our frig and freezer but this wasn't exactly how I intended it to go.












No comments:

Post a Comment