Saturday, October 27, 2018

Tuesday, 2 October 2018: Brussels


My heart melts when the kids 
crawl into bed with us in the mornings.
We got up and visited with all the kids before Lily went to school.  We won’t see Lily and Brody again until the spring.  We will get to see Erich and Finn when they come to Brussels for the 49ers game in a few weeks.  

Thankfully our October bank statement came in about 4am. Yes, I had been up throughout the night checking and double checking.  I emailed Luis and told him we were ready and asked if we could come in earlier.   He called back to say 3pm.  Drat ..... we were hoping for 9 or 10am.  Instead, we went to Capital Cafe for breakfast (they have a Greek skillet that Justin loves) and then REI.  Justin is looking for a new waterproof jacket and I was just looking.  We wasted a bit more time shopping (I found some precious little short suede  boots...I am a sucker for suede... sure won’t need those on the beach in Celestun, but they were SO cute!). Anyway, into the consulate at 3pm and out about 4:30, this time with two permanent resident visas in hand.  Now we could be on our way back to Brussels.  

Back in Oshkosh, Justin and I both found waterproof and breathable raincoats as well as a few other essentials.  Justin has teased me about rainwear incessantly.  I’d just as soon stay inside when it was raining so “water repellant” has been adequate in most situations.  Now, I find that I need “waterproof”.  

We had a fabulous Thai dinner at Basil Cafe in Appleton and still made it home before midnight.  I couldn’t wait to jump into my nice new bright white shower!  It was nice to be back in our own bed.

Today is the day we re-learned a lesson from George W. Busch.   “When I was young and irresponsible, I was young and irresponsible.” Hard to argue with the truth.  Brett Cavanaugh on the other hand, is rather indignant and... entitled.  




No comments:

Post a Comment