Thursday, October 4, 2018

Saturday, 15 September 2018: Brussels

We had a long chat with Steve and Lindy, Justin's niece.  They’ve invited us to meet them on their property out west when we are on our way back north.  They head to New Mexico to escape norther winters.  It sounds appealing.  

Tonight is Erich’s last night to work nights. He’ll go to days; still weekends and still 12 hour shifts but at least he’ll be on days.  He works in intensive care and anticipates that it will be a different pace on days.  He loses a bit of a stipend but this will be better for his family.  He’s also taking stats this term and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

I’m learning that things don’t necessarily mean the same thing to me as they mean in Mexico.  I guess we’ve always known that “manana” may or may not mean tomorrow.  Last winter I learned that notaries in Mexico are really lawyers.  Now I am learning that a power of attorney means something different too.  Alonso has to FedEx papers to Bijan for him to sign even though Bijan left a PoA with Alonso.  Hmmm?  Also in the hmmm? department, someone asked the other day what Abraham had been doing all summer.  Well, if we aren’t the owners, we can’t really direct his work can we?
I just have to shake my head when I remember that the initial paper work indicated that the closing date might be 1 April!  And we were worried about the money getting out of investments quickly enough.  

We talked to Steven Marcoe late last week.  He is in Reno, but Flipped Out, the 41’ Maincat we helped move from Rockport to New Orleans earlier this summer, is on the hard just outside on New Bern NC. Now he needs a new name for the hurricane boat.  
So while Florence pounds the east coast; Typhoon Mangkhut does its damage in the Philippines and in China.  Paul Manifort flipped and will be cooperating with Robert Mueller. The primaries are over and I learned about Beto O’Rourke.  I knew I would want to vote against Ted Cruz but now I see that I will get to vote for Beto.  I still think I should have bought NIke stock. 

Justin helped Jordan a bit today with demo.  (As if he doesn’t have enough to do here.) Jordan and Kris are redoing their cabinets, countertops, appliances, floors, lighting and everything in between. They knocked down a few walls to extend their kitchen.  They’ve made tremendous strides at their cottage so they thought it was time to pay some attention to the house too.

We took the Bayliner out again for a sunset cruise. Tonight we went to Wave Pointe for a drink and appetizers.  It is really relaxing to be on the water.  It is getting cooler so our trips like this are ending for this season.  

No comments:

Post a Comment