Saturday, October 27, 2018

Wednesday, 3 October 2018: Brussels


I have been a cooking fool this summer.  Justin particularly enjoyed the clafoutis and the Greek shrimp tourkalimano.  Today, I made biscuits for breakfast and then I tried my hand at chicken pot pie for dinner.  It was ok, but I don’t need to make this a weekly tradition.  

Andy came over from Wolf Bros heating.  Neither Justin nor Carl could get the pilot light going.  Andy said it was a bigger issue than just that and we told him we’d wait until spring.  We will only be here a few more days and our electric heaters will suffice just fine.  I thought we had all this settled last year, but apparently not.  

Justin finished with the spray foam insulation under the house.  He wretched his shoulder and elbow working in such tight quarters but now he is done.  

I had just finished dishes when the electricity went out.  A tree fell a bit down the road and took out the line.  What’s a girl to do?  Time for bed.  The electricity came back on about 1:30 but I sure didn’t get up then.

No comments:

Post a Comment