Saturday, October 27, 2018

Friday, 28 September: Green Bay

Yesterday was Peter's birthday.  We wished him well through email; we will be in Celestun shortly to extend our best wishes in person.  Feliz cumpleanos!

We started our red letter day by going to CCU to meet with Mari to transfer money to Bijan.  How long have we waited for this day?  Of course, there really isn’t much relief yet because they money isn’t there yet.  We will wait to hear from him before we celebrate.  We will wait until we get back to Merida to sign...still don’t know why we got the POA??

We took time for a grand breakfast at Julie’s before our next stop at Bellin hospital for Justin and me to get flu shots and shingle shots.  The shingle shot is in two parts so we will need to remember to get the second booster when we return on the spring.  
Next stop — the printers to turn in our brochures for Casa Colibri.  We went ahead with 500.  We can’t really imagine needed that many, but we are prepared.  I think the thing I really need to worry about is an internet presence.  Do I need to go on Facebook?  Do I need to see about Wix to design a webpage?

Next stop, laundry...got that going and left Justin in charge while I popped off to return some items at Menards.  We stopped by Wear 180 to find it closed.  Like really closed...forever!  I dropped all kinds of clothes off at this local resale shop last season.  No wonder I hadn’t heard anything from them!  I could have taken the items straight to Goodwill and saved them the trip...aargh,

I could make this Galley 57 steak 
at home, right?
Next stop — The Rite Place for an adult beverage.  I’d always been interigued by this restaurant right across the street from where I like to do laundry.  I won’t need to go there again.   There is a little hiking trail nearby so after a bit of a nap in the car, Justin took Gemma for a stroll before we headed into town to go for sushi.  Quick detour into Galley 57 for another beverage.  Galley 57 is a quintessential Wisconsin supper club.  Maybe we should come back here for dinner sometime ...today we had our heart set on sushi downtown at Sushi Lover.  Yumm-o!!!  After that, one more stop at Chefusion for a night cap and to listen to jazz.  I was beat when we got home but all in all, a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment