Sunday, May 15, 2022

Tuesday, 22 March 2022: Celestún

 

Santos continues his work each day.  They are getting down to the fiddly details and he’s ready to be finished.  He’s been delayed a bit because he has had to wait for Ivan.  Yes, the wiring needs to be run and the plumbing lines need to be run before the concrete is poured. That has been quite a mess.  Evaristo came to install windows today.  He'd said it was going to be several more weeks so we were pleasantly surprised!







We are drawing down in the frig and pantry.  Denise referred to these dining options as “PCS meals.”  The definition is self-explanatory and fitting.  We are providing lunch for workers but I’m buying more out now than preparing it myself.  I dropped my wallet a few days ago when I was shopping for vegetables in the market.  That certainly got my heart rate going.  Alberto, one of my favorite produce vendors, and all his coworkers started scurrying to help me find the wallet … right there where I dropped it when I’d reached up for pineapple.  This is my Mexico.  

Today is Bethania’s third birthday.  It is also Magui’s son’s birthday.  Aholi asked me for the recipe for banana bread. She said she wanted to try to make it. I’d made one for Bethania’s first birthday and they seemed to really enjoy it so in addition to giving her the recipe, I made the cake for her too.  






No comments:

Post a Comment