Sunday, May 15, 2022

Thursday, 3 March 2022: Mexico City

 

Bill was on his way long before we were moving this morning.

I was ecstatic to learn that there was a Morimoto restaurant in our hotel.  We were set to go there for lunch but I was oh, so disappointed in the menu.  I love Japanese ramen, sushi, etc.  If, given the opportunity to go to a Morimoto restaurant, I wanted something that was transformed...something that was phenomenal and Japanese, not regular, good Japanese.  We had a seaweed, cucumber salad and then left.  



Justin had a hair brained idea that we should try LingLing again.  I thought the endeavor was fruitless, but we were on our way up the elevators to the 56th floor and sure enough, we got in!  We didn’t have reservations and I didn’t feel we were really dressed appropriately, but we were seated and sipping on a beverage within mere moments.  Our repast began with grilled avocado; next course was tuna tacos followed by duck fried rice.  Of course, our mille-layered chocolate cake with oozing chocolate ganache was scrumptious. 






We moved to our new hotel today.  This time we are in old centro of Mexico City and easily within walking distance of everything needed to keep us occupied for then next few days.  Unfortunately, we were on the noisy side of the hotel.  We were out all afternoon and most of the evening so we didn’t even know this was an issue until later in the evening.  We were trying to wind down and decided to escape for late night stroll. We will move tomorrow but for tonight we stumbled on Zinca for Latin Jazz. Great!  Interesting, original and damn good. Yanko, our server and part owner of the club, might just be my new best friend… He grew up in LA, was super personable and, as an added bonus, he introduced me to Sangingo. Not sangria and reminiscent of a clericot, this is my new favorite beverage. And did I mention that the Jazz was great?!?!



No comments:

Post a Comment