Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Thursday, 18 July 2019: Sugarbush and Green Bay



We went to see Makayla play softball.  She is quite the athlete.  At nine, and during only her second year of playing, she rotates between pitching and shortstop.  We had a chance to catch up with Jason and Amy during the game.  We met Jason a few years ago when he did some work for us on cabinets.  Their entire family have become our friends and it is fun to watch the Makayla and her brothers Parker and Ashton grow up.  Amy is back in school and will soon finish her degree to be a special ed teacher.  Goodness knows there is a special place in heaven for her.  Jason is building their new house; we go out to the land from time to time just to watch the progress.  Today though, it was all about Makaya.  



















Justin refrained from indulging in a brat at the game since we were headed to dinner at Republic Chophouse.  This is our second outing celebrating Restaurant Week.  Once each year about fifty local restaurants showcase their culinary offerings by designing a special menu that typically includes a choice of three or four items for an appetizer, an entrée and a dessert.  Lunches ran $11 dinners were either $22 or $33.  Earlier in the week we went to Plae Bistro for lunch and today was Republic Chophouse for dinner.   Both restaurants were new to me and, many have heard me express my bar for eating out is that I want something better or differently than I can do and I want exemplary service.  I wasn’t disappointed in either location.  I felt like I was on a date for both — what a treat!


 







No comments:

Post a Comment