Monday, August 5, 2019

Sunday, 30 June 2019: Brussels

Finally we had a few warmish days. Is it really summertime? This is just crazy.  
This week was filled with debates and talk of politics and our future.  This is just crazy.
There are incredible heat waves in Europe.  This is just crazy.






Jordan and his family came up to their cottage for the weekend.  He came by with the kids on their way to Marchants and Willow said she wanted to stay with us.  That worked until she realized her dad was gone.  I felt so bad for her.  She has language skills and she is very verbal, but she is still only two years old. 

We were able to distract her for a while and she was happy enough waiting outside but then it seemed like it was going to rain so we needed to head indoors.  Poor little thing, she was so pathetic.  





Thankfully, the resilience of children prevailed.  The entire family came back in the afternoon.  The boys wanted to go swimming.  The water is still way too cold for me so Kris and I worked on daytime drinking.  I’ve pretty much perfected by blackberry infused vodka beverage of choice.  



Our planter boxes are maturing quite nicely (it stopped raining long enough that I even needed to water then a couple of times last week) and sunsets continue to amaze me most evenings.  I am such a lucky girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment