Monday, February 11, 2019

Wednesday, 16 January, 2019: Merida - Houston - Merida



We relied on Uber to take both Mimi and me to the airport.  Yes, me too.  Mimi was flying to Atlanta through Mexico City and I was flying to Houston. 

Back in the summer, we'd started the process for both Justin and I to become residents of Mexico.  We started out wanting to be temporary residents and somewhere along the line that changed to permanent residents.  That was not a good plan.  So, since the car is in my name and the bank account is in Justin's name, we decided that I would abandon my residency process.  That meant I needed to leave the country and come back in as a tourist. I wanted a direct flight -- I did not want to go through Mexico City.  I didn't care what my destination was as long as it was in the US and I could come back on the same day.  It was an added bonus that I could use miles.  Hence, the trip to Houston.  



My boarding pass from Merida to Houston
marked so one and all would know to ask questions.


I got back to Merida about 8pm and Justin and Gemma were waiting for me.

We made a quick stop at La Negrita to get things lined up with Jesus.  He and two others will perform at our party on the 26th.  He has quite a story.  He’s played at Radio City Music Hall and numerous other prestigious venues throughout the US.  His father was one of the original members of the Buena Vista Social Club!  Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment