Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Saturday, 19 January 2019: Casa Colibri


We spent Friday running errands in Merida.  The biggest of those was that Justin had his appointment with Immigrations to become a permanent resident in Mexico.  I stayed in the hotel since I didn't need to even be there having just abandoned my opportunity to do the same.  Justin called me at 1100 to tell me he was finished.  But wait, his appointment wasn’t even until 1100.  I thought I had at least thirty minutes if not an hour.  Maybe the first time things were ever early in Mexico.






A few more errands and we were on our way home to find that there still isn’t any water. Apparently there are leaks in the line that brings the water in from the cenote, some twenty miles away.  Like many others who rely on city water, we had the bomberos (fire department) deliver 600 liters of water.  I don’t think we pay for this but I’m not sure.  This is especially disconcerting since I just paid the water bill for the year!









Evaristo was supposed to be at our house to work on windows, mirrors and sliding glass doors.  We asked Abraham to try to reach him.

We are well into the government shutdown and it is day six without water.  Hot water isn’t so important when you don’t have any water at all.  
Pedro delivered our love seats and cushions.  He said he’ll have the design for the kitchen very soon.















We met with Ricardo about painting.  We are going to start with both kitchens and the commons. Tim and Janet took the old chest freezer away.  I sure do hope it continues to work for them.  Justin was pulling nails out to get us ready for painting.  Maria must have had hundreds of photos of her animals all over the house.  8.5 x 11 inch pieces of paper printed with photos, but placed in plastic sleeves and nailed into the walls.  All over the walls.  You can't just pull these nails out as they are in masonry.  you have to pry the out and then spackle over the resulting holes.  There are squillions of them and thankfully, they will all be gone soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment