Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Saturday, 1 July, 2017: 1429 N Bayshore Road


Justin really wanted to have a party today, the Saturday before the 4th, and we had planned on that all along.  Even though I was not in favor since we were not farther along with the house, we didn't un-invite people.  The sink isn't in but the mirror is up.  Jason came over and set the boards up that will form the wall under the bar.  Justin connected the dragonfly lamp in the gazebo and we set up the dining room table and buffet in our "bonus room."  We straightened up a bit and I was almost out of the shower when Sherri Shade arrived.  Dave and Terry Gay came over too so I had an appreciative audience for my Blackberry elixir.  






The beverage of the house this season is a blackberry infused vodka that I make into a limeade with a simple sugar syrup and club soda.  It is very tart and refreshing.  Apparently, one of the Door County local concoctions is Cherry Bounce -- brandy or liquor of choice infused with the delicious and abundant cherries.  When Terry had my Blackberry beverage she explained that while the beverage was flavorful, it might not have too much punch since mine had only been resting for a week as opposed to the three months or more required for Bounce.  Then she bit into a blackberry and exclaimed that the entire side of her mouth was numb and she felt  like she'd been to the dentist!  Well, I guess it did have some punch.  At the end of the day, I added limes to the grocery list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment