Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Tuesday, 5 September 2023: Hartung




First day of school for Green Bay kids!  Texas kids have been back for two or so weeks already. Justin said something yesterday about how he was looking forward to all those new little faces tomorrow.  I hadn’t laughed that hard in a while.






This three day weekend was hot, hot for Wisconsin.  Texas and most of the south has just been beat down this summer.  It really is an issue for all of us.  I typically worry for folks when the weather is bad for a three day weekend since that is the only time they have.  This weekend was great.  Great for boating, being outdoors and just soaking up the end of summer.  


Justin bought a new boat -- surprise, surprise.  This Florida Skiff promises to serve as a fishing boat with Erich and Jordan.  Maybe Justin or I will learn to enjoy fishing more but I doubt it.  Just being out on the water is enough.  

Mandi and Erich came for brunch .  We served tomato risotto and a grilled corn, and avocado salad with feta dressing.  The NYT continues to be my favorite source for inspiration.  One of the varieties of tomatoes we planted this year is giving us tomatoes the size of basketballs.  I need to blanch them and get them in the freezer so we have room on the countertop for more.

Mike Miles is new superintendent in Houston.  Can you see me shaking my head?

Jimmy Buffet died.  Just a month or so ago Tina turner died.  Two greats!  Guess what’s been on my playlist?






a summer vegetable torte!




No comments:

Post a Comment