Thursday, November 16, 2023

Thursday, 28 September 2023: Green Bay

 We need to buy a refrigerator for Abraham.  I don’t want him to have to wait until we are there.  

I keep an ongoing list of preparing to heading south.  This year I printed it a put in on the refrigerator. It is formidable.  

I’m getting back into the sewing groove.  I decided to make a cover for the captains chair from the old deck cushion fabric.  I tried my hand at making a pattern and we won’t know how close I was until next spring.  Meanwhile, I am getting to know my new machine and this type of sewing.  The instructional videos on the Sailrite website are phenomenal.  I am truly impressed.  I thought I’d screwed up with something as simple as winding a bobbin but after watching the video, we were back in business.  The videos are a bit of a rabbit hole as one leads to four more, but I like it just fine. 



Our solar project has turned into a bit of a mess.  The financing was complete 20 March.  The first installation was scheduled for 17 May.  Today they switched out the box and it’s still not complete as they also must switch out the box in the garage. Justin’s been asking about the garage since we started. Today, the electrical inspector from WPS said “hey, y’all are going to need to switch out that box.” Duh!  They've totally screwed up the side of the house with no conversation and no regard for the siding and we’ve missed prime sunshine from the summer…we wait.  







Dellene is cleaning out her closet getting ready to retire. She will simply thrive in retirement. I can’t wait for her to come to this side!

Justin has decided we need a new car. He doesn’t feel comfortable taking our car with 106,000 miles into Mexico and back so now we are shopping.

Met our friends at Paradise North Distillery and then the game… so sad. Packers 20 - Lions 24. It was not necessarily a “heartbreaker” as they were never in the game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment