Thursday, October 22, 2020

Sunday, 16 August 2020: Happy Birthday to Paula


With this many birthdays, there’s no way to fit it all into one day.  Yesterday morning Justin went to April’s to get me my favorite Hashbrown Sandwich.  He got a chili skillet.  We hadn’t been to April’s all season and she still remembered our order.  I can't stand paper plates so we did take it out of the styrofoam containers and put our breakfast on our own dishes and it sure was good.  


Like so many others during this pandemic I’ve been finding success with yeast breads so I decided I wanted to make Nussplunder.  This is a delicious delicacy I often enjoyed from the Barbarossahof bakery when we lived in Germany.  I found a seemingly authentic German recipe for the delicious nut filled pastries and I set my course.  The yeast dough must rise several times so it did take a lot of time, albeit most of it is passive time, but what else is a girl to do on her birthday? 





Our sunset sail was followed by a delicious steak dinner.  








And what was even best was that we continued celebrating the following day.


Dellene sent another jigsaw puzzle.  This year’s theme was Games We Played.  Justin and I started working on the puzzle.  Armed with mimosas we were set for a glorious day.  








No comments:

Post a Comment