Thursday, October 22, 2020

Sunday, 6 September 2020: By the Bay

This three-day weekend found Justin and me in Brussels out by the water.  We talked about where we might have gone if we were still in Europe... Spain, Italy, somewhere local and more close to home?  Somewhere new or back to re visit an old favorite?  As it is, we probably really wouldn’t be traveling there any more than we are here.  What crazy times these are.

The weather is already starting to get more cool.  It may be time to book our flights.

In talking to Nathanael, I volunteered to complete a jigsaw puzzle for his mom.  She wants to frame it when complete (strange) and she doesn't mind that it will have been completed by someone else (also strange) but I though - no big deal, Justin and I can have this done in three days.  This puzzle is a BEAST!  



When we were accepting Household Goods from Germany I gave oodles of sewing supplies away.  Lisa gave many of the quilting supplies to her friend Renee Stennet.  What a friend!  There was an entire set of quilt squares in all that stuff that my mom had finished when she could still sew. Renee took the quilt squares, added fill, backing and binding and then quilted the piece and sent it to me.  My mom is so with me through this quilt.  If they say that she who dies with the most fabric wins, then Renee and I both won.  Thank you Ann!



It looks like we might still have a football season.  There haven’t been any preseason games but teams are progressing with making final cuts to their rosters and building practice squads.  If all goes according to plan the Packers will face the Vikings in Minnesota next Sunday.  

And... I think I'm actually caught up on our blog!  Now that hasn't happened in like ... ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment