Thursday, October 22, 2020

Sunday, 27 September 2020: By the bay





 

Packers are 3 and 0 after their win over the New Orleans Saints today.  Go Pack Go!!!  We've been going to Jordan and Kris' cottage to watch the games.  I'd be fine on our small TV but Justin prefers the big screen experience.  Gemma dpesn't mind at all where we watch the game.  It is all good.  

I tried my hand at baked risotto last week.  Total success!  Long ago I learned to bake a roux and then somewhere I learned to bake steel cut oats.  Why not risotto?  The recipe was from The New York Times and it was delicious.  I followed their technique from one recipe but the ingredients from a tomato risotto recipe.  This may be one of the best things we've eaten all summer!  
Anne Marie stopped by Hartung to visit and shared pears.  they were a bit mealy to eat plain and in salads, so I made pear bread with the first of the batch.  it was ok but a bit dry.  
More bird seed bread -- that's always a hit!

Justin prepared breakfast one morening last week.  His yogurt, berry, granola parfaits are always so much prettier than mine.  Our homemade yogurt sure is good!  

What else is going on?  Ruth Bader Ginsberg died.  When I learned the news, Sean was visiting, her and Justin were out by the fire.  WHen I went to tell them, our first words were "We are so screwed."  This will be one of those markers in our lives.  Where were you when Kenedy was shot...when the Challenger exploded... 9/11... RBG's death.  OMG!!!  Trump has proposed her replacement and of course, he wants her in place before the elections.  
Trumps taxes have been disclosed.  That was an eye-opener.  
Wisconsin is having a spike in corona virus cases... maybe we should have stayed in Mexico.?.?

Justin and I completed a NYT crossword puzzle today.  It took both of us and it took over an hour.  And that was an easy one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment