Friday, August 11, 2023

Friday, 10 March 2023: hotel in Campeche

We left Casa Colibri, Abraham and Celestun yesterday.  After much brouhaha with our accountant, we had an appointment set in Campeche for Justin to get his electronic signature.  With the last few days filled with the hustle and bustle of getting ready for departure, we were checking into our hotel in Campeche.


Mayra gave Justin his first real hair cut
since the beginning of pandemic.
I had a farewell dinner of crab claws.
Delish!




Our appointment was at 9:50 so breakfast at Comida de Abuela was first. Justin had quesadillas with eggs and I had motellenos. We were not disappointed. 

Frothing at the mouth and breathing fire, we got in for our 9:50 appointment at 12:40. Tomy, our accountant, didn’t truly understand why I was jumping out of my skin.  What ever was I thinking?  Why did I think that just because we had an appointment, we’d be on time?  Don’t I know yet?  Thankfully I was able to arrange for a late checkout so that meant we could leave Gemma at the hotel. 




With electronic signature safely stored on a pen drive, we were on the road.  At several places along the road we saw evidence of the building of the Mayan train. I want to ride in that damn thing. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment